The Weigh-Less Weight Management Programme
Since Weigh-Less' inception in 1975, our mission statement has remained for every member to attain and maintain their ideal weight the healthy way. We have assisted hundreds and thousands of people of all ages to lose weight successfully. We not only help members to reach your Goal Weight, but we also teach our members how to maintain their ideal weight for the rest of their life.
Weigh-Less: The Weigh-Less Way Eating Plan is based on prudent dietary principles and we show members how to tailor your weight management programme to suit individual needs, taking cognisance of lifestyle, culture and social behaviour, as well as food preferences. We incorporate information on the importance of complex carbohydrates, low-fat high-quality proteins and dairy and the need for healthy fats from nuts, seeds, and oils.
The credibility of the Weigh-Less brand is such that everything compiled in food lists, menu plans and all material given is done under strict dietary guidelines and principals in conjunction with dieticians and the medical fraternity.
Each member is given their own individual formula. Your Weigh-Less Formula consists of foods from each of the major food groups, as depicted in the Weigh-Less Food Pyramid. If your Weigh-Less Formula is your ‘recipe’ for weight management, then your Weigh-Less Food Groups are the ‘ingredients’ to your recipe. When following a recipe it is important to use the correct ingredients in the specified amounts, otherwise your recipe will ‘flop’! so too, when following your Weigh-Less Formula, you must include all the specified ingredients – Weigh-Less Food Groups – in the specified amounts. Nutritionally speaking, there are no bad or junk foods. All foods are good. There are, however, bad eating patterns or ways of eating. All the food allowed in the Weigh-Less Eating Plan are therefore defined in the food list as either Good, Better or Best so as to educated members on how to make appropriate food choices. The Best choices are the most effective in weight management and health promotion.
Why Weigh-Less is different:
- Weigh-Less is not a diet; it is a scientifically formulated healthy eating plan.
- There are no pills, shakes and meal replacements.
- Weigh-Less includes all food groups.
- Weigh-Less is adaptable to every age, culture and lifestyle.
- Weigh-Less individualises an Eating Plan according to your Profile and personality.
- Weigh-Less provides you with a sense of belonging and purpose through our unique in-Group experience.
- You are held accountable through weekly weigh-ins.
- You are motivated and supported by a trained Group Leader and Members also on their own weight loss journey.
- Weigh-Less is the only health and weight management company in South Africa to be named as an endorsement entity by the South African Department of Health.